DawnCraft

Welcome to DawnCraft, Make sure you Sign up and Vote Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DawnCraft

Welcome to DawnCraft, Make sure you Sign up and Vote Smile

DawnCraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

How to stop griefing

ImJak
    ImJak

How to stop griefing Empty How to stop griefing

Post  ImJak Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Before you read this post, I must inform you that this is for educational purposes only and I cannot be held responsible for any punishment that may occur as some of these methods are illegal.

These methods (disregarding the third) seem to be frowned upon, I didn't say these were the right thing to do I'm merely showing things you CAN do and things that are POSSIBLE.

Method 1: DDoS Attack

This method is fairly simple, first you must acquire the person's IP address, then you will continue to use a "booter" which is a program designed to instruct websites to direct their bandwidth to the person's internet router, slowing it down and eventually crashing it, I am not allowed to tell you what programs due to legalities.
    After you have acquired said griefer's IP address you will continue to DDoS them using the program(s) previously stated, this will not only disconnect them from the server but from the internet itself as their router will have crashed, with the time they are offline you will be able to ban them from their IP address AND they will probably never attempty to come back.

Method 2: IP Banning

This method is not illegal in anyway, it will just stop people from entering the server with that ip address however, if this said griefer was using something called a proxy, this would not work because a proxy hides their IP address picture it like this;
    GRIEFER ---> PROXY SERVER ---> MINECRAFT SERVER
    So you would only get the proxy server's IP address, not the griefer themself, so they could switch their proxy or just disconnect entirely and still be able to join the server and continue to grief.

Method 3: Virus

This method involves you having to have a bit of social engineering, pretend as though you don't know anything about their griefing, this way they will not suspect anything suspicious, try to get their email, skype or any other form of communication where you can send files, once you have this you must send them an infected file, this file is called a RemoteAdministrationTool or RAT for short, this RAT will give you full control of their computer, allowing you to stop them in any way possible from getting onto your server/website.

Method 4: Java driveby

This is the same as method 3 but requires no filesharing whatsoever, this method may be a little more complex though.
    You will still have to create an infected file however you will bind this file with a java applet onto a webpage, just say that it's a game you have created or something like that, this java applet will ask if they want to run java, but most games require java so they probably wont suspect anything, but what this will then do is download the file without them knowing onto their system, and then you have full control of the computer.

The tutorials involving viruses are not more in depth because of legal reasons and I will not be held responsible for more information, try Google.

Best regards,
    ImJak

Last edited by ImJak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Starman_NL
    NewMember
    NewMember

How to stop griefing Empty Re: How to stop griefing

Post  Starman_NL Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 pm

This is a bit extreme and i do not recommend doing this exept for #2 IP banning, just get a mod+ and get proof he/she did it. Dont do it yourself it may not go well.
    ImJak
    ImJak

Post  ImJak Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Starman_NL wrote:This is a bit extreme and i do not recommend doing this exept for #2 IP banning, just get a mod+ and get proof he/she did it. Dont do it yourself it may not go well.

Extreme yes,
    idiotic no.
    Starman_NL
    NewMember
    NewMember

Post  Starman_NL Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 pm

ImJak wrote:
    Starman_NL wrote:This is a bit extreme and i do not recommend doing this exept for #2 IP banning, just get a mod+ and get proof he/she did it. Dont do it yourself it may not go well.

Extreme yes,
    idiotic no.
    I didnt say it was idiotic Wink
    ImJak
    ImJak

Post  ImJak Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:00 am

I know, I'm making a point even though you may not recommend it, it's still effective I know from personal experience.

Last edited by ImJak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    sdfghdfghdeghd fghdgh

Post  sdfghdfghdeghd fghdgh Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 am

ImJak wrote:I know, I'm making a point even though you may not recommend it, it's still efective I know from personal experience.

well kind of going overboard with those arentcha?
    zombieaddict14
    NewMember
    NewMember

Post  zombieaddict14 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:58 am

people should ban the ip if they did someting REALLY bad caz peoples just go on mc for free and can get on with a made up username again
    sdfghdfghdeghd fghdgh

Post  sdfghdfghdeghd fghdgh Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 am

zombieaddict14 wrote:people should ban the ip if they did someting REALLY bad caz peoples just go on mc for free and can get on with a made up username again

well seeing that they payed $20.00 for the game they'd have to get reported on 10+ servers for that to go trough
    thats what i think should be done

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm