DawnCraft

Welcome to DawnCraft, Make sure you Sign up and Vote Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DawnCraft

Welcome to DawnCraft, Make sure you Sign up and Vote Smile

DawnCraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

helpful things for me

little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

helpful things for me Empty helpful things for me

Post  little_m3 Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 am

Yes, i'm selfish. now that that is out of way, i'll say what i'd like to see.

Forum has plugins. General and/or updates section should have a sticky post with short summary of said plugins and what commands they give players access to.

mcmmo works pretty much with it's own commands.
    factions have their own set
    and so on and so on..

but exactly what do they all do? for one.. i've yet to see any way to interact with any of the shops in town, spawn, villages or anywhere else. does it need it's own commands? own permissions or am i just too dumb? most likely the latest but either way.. a list for me and possibly others who might be wondering how everything clicks might be helpful.
    ImJak
    ImJak

helpful things for me Empty Re: helpful things for me

Post  ImJak Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am

Type "/plugins"
    Ingame without the quotations and you can see a list of all installed plugins, I'm sure admins or google can help you out with the commands Wink
    little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

Post  little_m3 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:01 am

no offense but... for one, asking for commands again and again and again.. for potentially every player gets... probably excessive?

listing them in forum and saying, "read the forums" would be better and in more in-depth. texts ingame have always been a bit... cumbersome
    ImJak
    ImJak

Post  ImJak Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 am

Offense partially taken, as if the requests were getting "excessive" and also more and more annoying, they would make a thread on it, they haven't yet so I guess they don't really mind.
    little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

Post  little_m3 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 am

so... should i throw a fit next time i say something like "i don't know how" ingame when someone asks me to do something? and i get a reply like "are you an idiot?"

yes... it makes me feel quite comfortable asking for usage of various things. Also, bear in mind that, as of now, no real documentation is there for anything. (well, mcmmo has displayed help line in login) but for rest? no.

if you play in window... having site open and reading from there WHILE playing without typing /helppageofpluginX page5 and so on repeatedly for multiple plugins is easier.

no, really, it is.

of course... next time i'm on, i'll be sure to ask you to explain all the plugins and all their commands in detail. and say "please repeat, i didn't manage to read that yet" every few lines as they scroll back into oblivion.

ingame asking is fine for some indepth workings of some certain commands. or "oops, i forgot how this worked, i'll ask" for one or two commands. all of them? no.

that said, "all of them, in detail, please?" belongs in forum. if for no other reasons than to lessen the chat spam ingame.
    oh and the fact that it wont make this forum less useful, quite the opposite. Of course, next to no one seems to bother much with this as proven by that one server crash and permissions bugs.
    spam and whining this and that ingame... not a whisper here. lists of things lost and problems found came and went in chat, scrolled to oblivion. (okay, so fub could see them, server logs it all but still utterly useless repeat of itself)

yes, i'm vocal, yes i'm minority and yes, i'm not pro. i don't know how things work.
    ImJak
    ImJak

Post  ImJak Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:41 am

Thats a huge amount of sarcasm, no? There is no need to be stubborn about this, all I did was give a simple suggestion, Admins wont get annoyed with the players because why else would they be picked for staff? If they're not honest respectable people, Admins are there to help they don't mind if you have a question.

I'm not continuing to post in this thread as it is going no where, you have already wrote a thread on this before, and it had been answered and closed.

REQUESTING AN ADMIN TO CLOSE THIS THREAD

Unless they can provide further assistance.
    little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

Post  little_m3 Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:35 pm

no, i fear it is you, who do not understand how stupid i am sometimes.

lets pretend following would be true.

"consumer support, how may i help?"
    "greetings, i bought a new phone. and now i have a few questions"
    "certainly, what can i help you with?"
    "well... for one, i can't find out where do i put my SIM card"
    "... how are you calling me then?"
    "from other phone"
    "oh, okay.. as manual points out, you remove the back case of the phone as indicated on page.."
    "what manual?"
    "the one that came with the phone *what an idiot, why did i go to customer services and why do they call me?*"
    "i didn't get a manual with the phone"

yes, kind of like that. even the most simple things can seem daunting and to be honest, stupid to ask if there were even simple instructions somewhere about it. Of course, i might be the first one to declare myself stupid and admitting that no, i cannot know everything.

yes, asking is fine. it isn't a bad thing at all. but asking for everything is a waste of time if said same stuff could be read quicky through once and then not bother anyone with. I'm sure even with that, there would still be a question or two left for admins and mod so that they don't feel themselves useless but pushing all that on them? nah..
    i'm not that cruel.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:03 pm